Friday, November 18, 2005

Kal-El can save us

Ya'll, I just watched the teaser trailer for the new Superman movie, "Superman Returns." I gotta say, it looks pretty cool and the premise is a good one. Apparently, Superman has been out in space for a few years and comes back to help out us earthlings. It totally disregards the existence of the original II-IV films, so that's cool.

I do have a problem with the actress they chose to play Lois Lane. They've picked Kate Bosworth, of all people. When I first read the name, I recognized it, but couldn't place her face. After looking her up, I realize how this could be...she seems to be completely unremarkable in every way. I've seen her in a couple of roles and she's never come of as interesting at all. Looks pretty boring... Even Margot Kidder was kinda hot in a weird way, and Terri Hatcher certainly was. Hopefully, this will be my only complaint about the film when it comes out. It should be a great movie since Brian Singer is the director and he did a great job with the X-Men films.

Seeing the trailer and hearing the voiceover from the original of Marlon Brando talking to his son, it made me ponder something. If Superman was just a normal person from Krypton, and he had all these super powers, then didn't everybody on his home planet have those same powers? Why didn't they just all fly away from the impending destruction? Or did the planet make them normal, since kryptonite took his powers away? I'm not big into comic books and stuff, and it's been a really long time since I saw the movie, so I'm not sure about this. Feel free to correct me, anyone.

On a completely unrelated note, this website has been in my favorites folder for at least a couple of years. If you don't feel at least a little bit of happiness while looking at these pictures, then you are soulless. Enjoy.

Oh yeah, I'm quite excited to see the new Harry Potter movie tonight. Should be great. The new Johnny Cash movie may be in order this weekend, as well.

5 Comments:

Blogger sauce said...

Okay, a friend has explained the whole superman thing...apparently, he's only powerful on Earth because the yellow sun gives him his power. Krypton had a red sun... So, I guess I was kinda right.

I feel like a jackass for talking to myself on the internet.

2:17 PM

 
Blogger Huevos McGringo said...

i think kate bosworth is adorable. but i do hope she goes brunette for the film; a blond lois lane doesn't sit right with me.

12:25 PM

 
Blogger sauce said...

I guess we'll just have to wait and see what she's like. I just have no interest in Bosworth, at all. She just seems super boring...

1:00 PM

 
Blogger chief said...

she's awesome. maybe not so much in blue crush, but i liked her in wonderland.

7:19 PM

 
Blogger tuppenhut said...

Terri Hatcher was a WAY better Lois Lane!!!!! When she lost her virginity to Superman I cried!!!!!

12:21 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home